Activities, Entertainment & Excursions
Hello Ireland participants have access to an exceptional range of activities and facilities. These are provided primarily through the Waterford Institute of Technology, which as developed an entire Sports Campus with all modern sport and recreational opportunities. In addition the community in Waterford City and environs welcome Summer visitors and students and this opens a huge range of interesting social and cultural opportunities.
The Board of Hello Ireland plans activities for each group, to suit their age and interests. This is done through dialogue with our Agents who work on our behalf in the recruitment of overseas students. A package of activities will be agreed with each Agent in advance and it is the responsibility of the Agent to ensure the participants understand which of the activities listed are included in their particular package.
The information below outlines some of the activities and outings we plan for Summer 2017. The Table below this list sets out three options for participants in general programmes. In the case of specialised programmes, the daytime activities will be integrated into the programme and the group will join other Hello Ireland students for evening and weekend activities and outings.
1. Sporting Activities
(a) Outdoor – these include soccer, gaelic games, hockey, tennis, cricket, archery, golf, horse riding
(b) Indoor – these include volleyball, basketball, badminton, table tennis, pool
2. Outdoor Pursuits – orienteering, surfing, kayaking, swimming, hill-walking, paddle boating, mountain biking, karting, wildlife walk.
3. Cultural Activities – walking tour of Waterford City, visit to Waterford Bishop’s Palace, Visit to Waterford Crystal Visitor’s Centre, traditional Irish dance and music event, use of library and computing facilities.
4. Social events – Treasure hunt, quizzes, games night, barbecue and disco, film night, karaoke,
5. Short Excursions – the seaside resort of Tramore is only 6km from Waterford.
6. Day Excursions – Visit the magical medieval city of Kilkenny. Spend a day in Dublin or Cork. Tour the beautiful coastline of Waterford with its many sandy beaches, fishing villages and peaceful coves.
7. Free Time – some students like a free day on Saturday or Sunday to rest or enjoy some shopping or private exploration. This can be arranged for them.
Please click here to view the Sample Activities Table 2017
© Hello Ireland, All Rights Reserved