Programme Outline 2017
is an English and Activities programme for teenagers learning English.
The programme duration is 2-3 weeks during the months June-August.
Arrival and departure times are flexible and agreed with each agent.
The Hello Ireland Programme comprises of:
Morning English Conversation class
- Afternoon and evenings-varied sports, cultural and recreational activities
Excursions-one full day outing and one half day outing each week
Full board in WIT Student residence
Transportation by WIT Coach
The Aim of our Summer programme is to develop communication skills in an English speaking environment and to assist students to increase their confidence in an English speaking environment and to assist students to increase their confidence and enjoy learning.
- Classes take place Monday to Friday
- Students are divided into 4 groups with similar levels of students in each group. Class sizes 10-17
- All teachers are fully qualified degree holders with TEFL Certfication
- Each student will be exposed to at least 2 teachers and 2 Irish student ambassadors
- All classrooms are equipped with a computer and data projector and students have access to Library and Computer Labs
Unique Features of the Hello Ireland English Programme
1. Scheduling: Because we cater for groups arrivimng departing at different times, each morning class is treated as a separate entity. This means that groups can come and go at times to suit availability of flights.
2.Irish Student Ambassadors: One of the criticisms of many Summer programmes is that students do not get a chance to meet Irish teenagers. For Hello Ireland we recruit a team of volunteer Ambasadors from local schools. They attend classes and assist with real conversations and befriend the visiting students generally.
3. Online Learning: Because Hello Ireland has all the resources of a large Institute of Higher Education available to it, there are computing classes for everyone for at least one hour per day. In addition to writing blogs and using social media, students undertake a range of on-line exercises which encourage their creativity and learning beyond what is possible in the classroom only.
4. Small class size: Classes are normally around 12 students and rarely exceed 15. There is a very small group for younger learners (11-12 years) and those who have particular language difficulties. This is staffed by a specialist teacher.
5.Testing and Certification: Students are formally tested on arrival and again prior to departure. They are given an "improvement" score. In addition there is continuous assessment of oral and writing skills and class participation by teachers. Each student is given a Certificate of participation and a statement of their results and progress. Prizes are awarded for achievements, behaviour and participation
We can also provide the Trinity Exam as an optional extra. This will incur an additional charge and involves additional teaching and preparation hours. At the end student will receive Trinity certification upon successfully completing the course.
© Hello Ireland, All Rights Reserved